ROI on marketing expenditure is critical for small businesses and yet often as a small business it is easy to overlook the fact that email marketing is still one of the lowest cost marketing tools available in a your marketing arsenal.
We are all aware that it's easier to sell to someone who's already bought from us. Email marketing allows you to harness this power and also to leverage off the leads that may have enquired but not yet purchased. Even simple email marketing to your existing and past client base can provide exponentially greater results than traditional advertising and online marketing channels… all because of the simple fact that it is easier to market to someone who already knows you.
The upside for you as a small business owner or manager comes when you tap those hundreds or thousands of contacts within your business to make email marketing work for you.
Get your marketing messages into the hands of all your past leads, prospects, business contacts and all the key individuals that influence buying decisions within the companies you already do business with.
Think about your needs
Ask yourself whether your small business could benefit from smarter email marketing.
- Are you looking to start email marketing or maximise your current email marketing efforts.
- Is your small business sending regular email newsletters and offers to past and current clients?
- Do you wish you could better track your email campaigns if you are email marketing?
- Do you think you would benefit from increased regularity and/or frequency if email campaigns were easier to send?
- Does your business have contact details all over the place such as separate spreadsheets, in Outlook and in your accounting system?
- Does each of your team members (any you) have contact details stored in separate systems, address books, card systems and files?
- Is your CRM System (assuming you have one) separate to your Email Marketing System, so you are having to maintain to separate databases of contacts?
What you can do to maximise the email marketing opportunity
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you are probably aware that you could be getting more from email marketing. With our email marketing solutions, there is a very simple solution. You can expect our email marketing solutions to:
Use a CRM System so you can keep all your contacts. A CRM means the one system captures contacts across the entire business, from this week’s hot lead from your newest salesperson or your oldest customer who has become almost one of your team.
Install a web based email marketing system that connects to your CRM.
Get typing. If you can write an email then you can do an email broadcast. It doesn't need to be perfect, you just need to do it.
Benefits of Email Marketing over other channels
Email marketing has a better return on investment (ROI) for every $1 spent compared to other advertising channels.
Email Marketing - $40
PPC Advertising - $17
Banner Advertising - $2